Designer and Front End Developer
BoxCrush is seeking a Designer / Front End Developer to join our team. The right candidate will be someone who is excited about the opportunity to design websites from scratch and create functional front-end templates for a CMS such as WordPress.
Major responsibilities for this role will include creating graphics by removing backgrounds from products and arranging them in an artistic manner, being able to adapt, crop, and insert graphics into multiple sizes for various uses such as social media platforms, image banners and rotators, create landing pages and implementing them in WordPress or other CMS systems, and making sure analytics code is inserted properly. You will work with a team of digital marketing specialists, developers, content writers, and directly with clients to arrive at a big-picture solution.
Applicants should have advanced graphic design skills as described below. Designer will be expected to participate in the development cycle that entails designing a website from scratch, producing a layered Photoshop or Sketch file, and turning it into a complete XHTML/CSS/jQuery template for client approval.
BoxCrush is seeking a full-time on-site candidate but is also open to a part-time employee as well. Compensation includes a salary that depends on knowledge and experience. Retirement benefits, including a matching contribution of 4%, are available after one year. This is a great opportunity for an energetic, organized self-starter with a great portfolio to join a fun, dynamic and growing company.
BoxCrush® is seeking full-time applicants.
- Advanced graphic design skills working with page layout, fonts, and colors
- Ability to design corporate websites from scratch
- Ability to design and produce layered Photoshop or Sketch/InVision files
- Ability to slice images, crop photos, web-optimize, and remove backgrounds (clipping paths)
- Expert-level XHTML/CSS hand-coding
- Ability to create table-less layout for cross-browser support
- Keen understanding of Valid XHTML and complex CSS relationships
- Understanding of how to code for responsive design or implement Bootstrap
- Coordinate with development and marketing teams on needs beyond the scope the designer’s work, such as navigation, custom functionality, content development, etc.
- Ability to develop mockups/wireframes for client review in conjunction with development team
Helpful skills (Will be expected to learn)
- Experience creating WordPress templates
- Familiarity with programming languages such as .NET or PHP (for the purposes of making CMS templates)
- Understanding of templating (any) content management system (Sitefinity, WordPress, NopCommerce, Drupal, DNN, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes a salary based on knowledge and experience. Perks of employment include:
- Two weeks of paid vacation per year, up to two additional weeks of company-scheduled paid time off, and paid holidays that correspond with most school calendars
- 401k with a matching contribution of up to 4% (after one year of full-time employment)
- Costco membership
- Free refreshments from our fully stocked break room with soda, snacks, coffee, and tea (your favorites available upon request)
This is a great opportunity for an energetic, organized self-starter with a willingness to learn and a desire to join a fun, dynamic and growing company.
- Fluency in English required for consideration
- U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Resident or Green Card required for consideration
- All candidates must submit to a post-offer, pre-employment successful criminal background check for final employment consideration
- We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate, based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work related factors, including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran or other qualifying veteran. BoxCrush is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE.
Please do not call. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include examples of previous work and a list of your favorite websites, blogs, and/or industry related books.