UX Design Director
BoxCrush®, a digital marketing and website development agency based in Indianapolis, IN, is seeking an experienced UX Design Director with an outstanding portfolio and 5+ years of experience to join our team. The right candidate will have experience managing a team of designers and be capable of working directly with clients to help them translate their business goals into functional web design.
The right candidate will be excited about the opportunity to build a website’s user experience strategy from the ground up and be ready to dive into and test existing websites while looking for opportunities to introduce incremental improvements over time. You will work with a team of digital marketing specialists, developers, and content writers and work directly with clients to arrive at a big-picture solution.
BoxCrush provides customized website solutions for B2B and B2C clients. The UX Design Director will have to understand how users are arriving to the website (whether from BoxCrush’s organic SEO efforts or through advanced digital marketing and social media campaigns), what the goals are for a user’s journey through a client’s website (and to help develop those goals), describe, plan, and wireframe all necessary custom functionality, study what users are doing, and understand how to visually guide users to the conversion goal areas of a website.
Applicants should have advanced graphic design skills as described below. The UX Design Director will be expected to participate in the development cycle that entails meeting directly with clients, designing a website from scratch, producing a mockup, designing a finished website, and using those resources to communicate with the client for approval. Once approved, those resources will need to be clearly communicated by the UX Design Director to the development team for coding. The applicant will then review the website application for quality assurance.
- 5+ years of web design / UX design experience
- Experience managing remote and on-site designers
- Ability to create high-quality web design layouts
- In-depth knowledge of designing for responsive layouts
- Conduct competitive analyses of websites
- Participate in creating a content development and conversion goal strategy
- Coordinate with the Development team on issues such as navigation, custom functionality page routing, product/landing page design, and more
- Develop mockups/wireframes for client review
- Conduct usability tests on each independent type of page on the website and create a report showcasing your findings
- Ability to design corporate websites from scratch
- Advanced graphic design skills working with page layout, fonts, and colors
- Ability to prepare and optimize web assets for the Development team
- Collaborate with the client, sales associate, and internal teams to produce high-quality custom design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Familiarity with Bootstrap layouts
- Branding/logo design experience
- XHTML/CSS hand coding abilities
- Understand how to implement responsive design
- Working knowledge of any content management system (Sitefinity, WordPress, NopCommerce, etc.)
BoxCrush® is seeking a full-time employee to work at its Indianapolis office.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes a salary based on knowledge and experience. Perks of employment include:
- Two weeks of paid vacation per year, up to two additional weeks of company-scheduled paid time off, and paid holidays that correspond with most school calendars
- 401k with a matching contribution of up to 4% (after one year of full-time employment)
- Costco membership
- Free refreshments from our fully stocked break room with soda, snacks, coffee, and tea (your favorites available upon request)
This is a great opportunity for an energetic, organized self-starter with a willingness to learn and a desire to join a fun, dynamic and growing company.
- Fluency in English required for consideration
- U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Resident or Green Card required for consideration
- All candidates must submit to a post-offer, pre-employment successful criminal background check for final employment consideration
- We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate, based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work related factors, including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran or other qualifying veteran. BoxCrush is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE.
Please do not call. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include examples of previous work and a list of your favorite websites, blogs, and/or industry related books.