BoxCrush is seeking an experienced UX Designer to join our team. The right candidate will be excited about the opportunity to build a website’s user experience strategy from the ground up, as well as dive into and test existing websites, looking for opportunities to introduce incremental improvements over time. You will work with our team of digital marketing specialists, developers, content writers, and directly with clients to arrive at a big-picture solution.
BoxCrush provides very customized website solutions for B2B and B2C clients. The UX Designer must:
- Understand how users arrive at the website (whether from BoxCrush’s organic SEO efforts or through advanced digital marketing and social media campaigns)
- Help identify and develop goals for the user’s journey through a client’s website
- Study what users are doing, and how to visually guide users to the conversion goal areas of a website.
Applicants should have advanced graphic design skills as described below. Applicants are expected to participate in the development cycle that entails designing a website from scratch, producing a layered Photoshop file, and turning it into a complete XHTML/CSS/jQuery template for client approval.
BoxCrush is seeking a full-time, on-site candidate but is also open to a part-time employee. Compensation includes a salary that depends on knowledge and experience. Retirement benefits, including a matching contribution of 4%, are available after one year (if full-time). This is a great opportunity for an energetic, organized self-starter with an established portfolio to join a fun, dynamic and growing company.
Accepting resumes for future opening.
- Conduct competitive analyses of websites
- Participate in creating a content development and conversion goal strategy
- Coordinate with development team on issues such as navigation, custom functionality, page routing, product/landing page design and more
- Track usability goals and prepare user journey reports
- Develop mockups/wireframes for client review in conjunction with development team
- Conduct usability tests on each independent type of website page and create a report showcasing your findings
- Design corporate websites from scratch
- Possess advanced graphic design skills working with page layout, fonts, and colors
- Design and produce layered Photoshop or InVision files
- Slice images, crop photos, web optimize, and remove backgrounds (clipping paths)
- Possess an outstanding portfolio
- Collaborate with client, sales associate, and art director to produce high-quality custom design
- Have expert-level XHTML/CSS hand coding skills
- Understand valid XHTML and complex CSS relationships
- Implement responsive design
- Create tableless layout for cross-browser support
Helpful Skills (Will be expected to learn)
- Programming languages such as .NET (for the purposes of making CMS templates)
- Templating (any) content management system (Sitefinity, WordPress, NopCommerce, Drupal, DNN, etc.)
- Content personalization techniques
- Fluency in English language required for consideration
- U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Resident or Green Card required for consideration
- All candidates must submit to a post-offer, pre-employment successful criminal background check for final employment consideration
We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate, based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work related factors, including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran or other qualifying veteran. BoxCrush is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE.
Please do not call. Send your resume to email@example.com.
Include examples of previous work and a list of your favorite websites, blogs, and/or industry related books.